There is nothing permanent except change. (Heraclitus)
Cities worldwide are facing rapid social, economic, environmental, technological and cultural changes such as: rapid urbanisation, aging of society, security issues, housing emergency, new solutions on mobility, integration of immigrants, food and water shortage, etc.
Especially in times of economic crisis and demographic changes in cities, it is necessary to think about how to best handle what we have, and therefore "RE-MIXING THE CITY" is a challenge to manage and re-combine the elements which make our modern cities in order to better respond to change.
REAL CORP 2012 in Schwechat offered the possibility to collectively discuss a wide range of topics in different panel groups and workshops.
Some of the topics on which we received your interesting contributions are:
- manage sustainable mobility in cities,
- restructuring urban space,
- smart cities for smart citizens,
- geoinformation for environmental planning,
- challenges and transformation of urban spaces,
- smart mobility solutions and concepts,
- barrier-free, accessible, intelligent urban environments,
- resilience and/or sustainability of cities,
- social aspects of settlements and neighborhoods,
- techonologies for a innovative urban planning.
Additional special topics of REAL CORP 2012
- Urban, Transport & Environmental Technologies and Solutions
- Urban Ambient Assisted Living (AAL)/intelligent urban environments
- Resilience, Safety & Security